Sunday, February 18, 2007

Remastering Tips - Case Study - The Beatles' She Loves You

Remastering Tips - Case Study - The Beatles' She Loves You

One of the key things to remember about this song, is that every officially released version has been either in mono, meaning both channels have the same sound, or in some simulated stereo. There has never been an officially sounding stereo version until now.

This was created mainly by taking the German version of She Loves You, titled Sie Liebt Dich, of course the German version was available on the Beatles Rarities Album. Instruments on one side vocals on the other. Good for me, because is just what I needed to make my mix.

I started off by synchronizing the instrumental track from the LP with the Red Album (Beatles Greatest Hits) version of SLY. Once that was done, the rest was easy, copy the Yeah's and Ooh's from the German Vocal Track, and there was my mix. Took a couple years, but in reality, about 20 hours were spent altogether, nothing more really.

That should be about it for that story, now if only EMI could contact me so I could remaster the rest of the albums, I would be all for it, but I haven't received any calls yet. Maybe someday they will need me, until now, it's just my hobby.




No comments: